In my latest podcast I discuss using tarot for connection to your ancestors and wanted to share some spreads which I found helpful. They are from Nancy Henrickson's book Ancestral Tarot.
The Journey Spread (pictured above) starts at the left, travels across the top and circles around the bottom:
1) Me today
2) The bridge I will be crossing to meet the ancestors
3) What do the ancestors think of me?
4) What do I think of the ancestors?
5) What is the goal of my journey
6) The unexpected
7) How will ancestral tarot affect my life?
Ancient Ones Spread:
1) How can I best communicate with the ancient ones?
2) What message to the (collective) ancient ones have for me?
3) How can I best honour those of my blood who lived a millennia before me?
I have had an ancestral altar for a couple years now and also have a special one for my cats. There are lots of ways you can create a special place in your home for your ancestors which can be as simple or elaborate as you like. Some ideas are:
- things that belonged to your loved ones
- offering plates
- tarot cards
- so much more!
Leave a Reply.